An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Sunday, November 14, 2004

books for soldiers

I've been trying to figure out a way to help our soldiers in Iraq in any small way that I can, as well as to make some kind of donation for the Iraqi civilians. I'd really like to give something that will help with those very important survival issues so I'd be much interested in hearing of any organizations that are making planned contributions, if anyone knows of any.

In the meantime, I'm going to keep looking, but today I just found out about Books for Soldiers and while it isn't for some of the more pressing needs that our soldiers no doubt have, it does give the opportunity to provide them with "care packages" for the mind. So its a start and I made a donation today and will try to see if I can find some books and dvds to send over!

I found the link at Quixotical and I'm really glad that there is something out there like this. I've been feeling so helpless about the situation in Iraq. This is something that gives me an opportunity to try and bring something positive to an utterly horrible situation.

Posted by etherealfire :: 10:41 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------