An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Friday, December 10, 2004

from Soldiers for the Truth.org

Uncle Sam Wants Your Kids Now by David H. Hackworth.

I'm livid and I'm sick over this... but I've got some news for our esteemed administration. I did not vote for this President, either time. I did not vote for this neo-con ideology. I questioned this President's decision to invade Afghanistan, and when he did, he didn't even allow our troops to finish the job and capture public enemy number one, (who has EXTENSIVE past ties to our President and his family BTW - someone please tell me how this nightmare is possible???) Osama Bin Laden.

I did NOT support this Administration's decision to invade Iraq (instead of letting the weapons inspectors do their job); I did not believe the lame explanation and supposed (and since proven to be completely FALSE) information that supported their decision, in order to remove an admitted madman (who ALSO has EXTENSIVE PAST TIES to this President's family), because the job didn't get done correctly the first time.

I did not support this administration's decision to willfully destroy the infrastructure of Iraq, kill thousands of innocent Iraqis and thousands of our brave soldiers, sending them ill-equipped and without a reasonable decent plan for success, all the while creating potential terrorists due to this administrations idiotic ideology.

I did not support the ongoing onslaught and willful erosion of our civil rights in the name of Homeland Security.

And I WILL NOT SACRIFICE MY 18 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TO THIS COMPLETELY IMMORAL AND UNETHICAL WAR!!! I don't want our soldiers there now. I don't want ANYONE ELSE'S SONS AND DAUGHTERS TO BE SACRIFICED EITHER. I support our troops and I WANT OUR TROOPS TO COME HOME!

But if ANYONE is going to have to continue with this ugly charade, I think maybe any eligible, gun-owning, trash-talking, of age Bush/Cheney Supporter, believer in the so-called moral justification of this war, darn well better be the ones to walk their talk, and ship out. Because MY DAUGHTER is not going to be cannon fodder when she can't bear to even eat meat, when she is a believer in absolute non-violent actions.

Truthfully, whether a GWB supporter or not, I don't want even ONE MORE of our precious youths to be sacrificed for this folly. But I'm just terrified that we are all now between a rock and a hard place and there is no turning back, thanks to the decisions this Administration has made. I feel helpless and I feel utterly outraged.

And I just can't understand how a supposed majority of our country could have really wanted to endorse this madness....

Posted by etherealfire :: 1:42 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------