An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

four suggestions for empowering aid

from Starhawk.

If there are any people out there wanting to donate money but wary about where and how the donation will be spent, Starhawk has some sites and information listed. I understand the concern as I was also feeling tentative about which group to choose but the devastation was mounting so dramatically that I just went for it and gave to the first listed charity that I was able to get through to (Doctors without Borders and I think it is a fine organization.) But I was wanting to give a bit more, and I found another one today through Starhawk, Nonviolent Peaceforce which is already working in Sri Lanka, providing relief in one of the most devastated countries. Worth checking into!

Posted by etherealfire :: 1:29 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------