An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

post-grammy valentines

The day after the Grammys (which also just happened to be Valentines Day) I ran out to the Borders to get my hubby, sister and daughter their favourite kind of Valentine gift; it's actually all of our favourite "any excuse" gift for that matter: music!!!

Inspired and reminded by the Grammys of music that everybody might want, I got hubby Ray Charles' Genius Loves Company and Brian Wilson's Smile, for little sis, Joss Stone's Mind Body & Soul and Madeleine Peyroux's Careless Love and for my daughter, Muse's Absolution and a Jimmy Eat World dvd Believe in What You Want.

And because I'm a brat (er, um let's just say, I'm my own best valentine ~ HA!) I couldn't leave without Alison Krauss and Union Station's Lonely Runs Both Ways.

We got flowers (beautiful but temporary) and candy (yummy, but fattening and temporary) but the music is now loaded up into the family iTunes and now everyone gets to enjoy the ultimate gift that keeps on giving ~ music!!!

I LOVE iTUNES!!! I LOVE VALENTINES DAY!!!! YAY!!!!


My favourite song from this one:
My Poor Old Heart

Much loveliness ~ Really love this cd!!!

We just watched Ray for the first time today as well. Had to sandwich it in between volunteering and school because Mina needs to write a report on the movie and it is due tomorrow.

I have to say that this movie really is no hype; Jamie Foxx really made me believe that he was Ray Charles!!! I'm so glad we got to see it. Stu and Suzanne didn't get to see it yet though so I hope they will get a chance to watch it tomorrow. I don't think I've seen any of the other movies with Best Actor noms yet but I certainly can see that Jamie Foxx' performance was Oscar-worthy!

Also, I suppose most everyone knows the history of Wilson's Smile but just in case there's someone out there who doesn't know or for anyone interested in learning more, this is an awesome site!

Posted by etherealfire :: 9:27 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------