An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Friday, April 08, 2005

naked garden

Our poor front porch garden was a major disaster after months of winter neglect (winters here are mild so plants can continue to grow with proper attention) and monsoon-like downpours in the last several weeks.

Stu finally just went out and pulled everything out except an old guardian plant, an extremely well-established red geranium and an extremely cut back hydrangea. We then worked the soil over with steer manure (yikes, that stench) and because we really cannot decide what we want to plant in the perimeter, we just decided to start with the standby impatiens in the planter box in the middle of the garden for now and then add other plants to the outer part of the garden on Saturday. And Saturday is looming but the flowers to be planted are STILL yet to be determined... I'm just not quite sure what I want where yet... but I really want to make a decision before Saturday, because if the beautiful weather keeps up, it will be a perfect day for planting. And besides, the bare garden just looks so lonely and depressed with only those brave little impatiens and geranium out there.

I've got a digital camera that I still don't know how to use very well.... um, yeah, I know point and click but you would be amazed at the complete dorkery I made of the whole process including taking out the chip and loading the images onto my computer; AND I have a lonnnnng way to go with my photography skills but I thought recording the porch garden with a few snaps would give me great opportunity to practice so here's three (probably very boring to everyone else in the world except me) images of the barely started spring planting for the front porch garden:


a view of the naked garden


another probably almost identical view :-P


the closest thing to a close-up that I can manage right now

I am going to try to practice taking lots of pictures and learning how to zoom... YAY! As always, a day late and a dollar short, and well behind everyone else in the modern world... but better late than never, I guess.

Posted by etherealfire :: 7:16 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------