An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Monday, April 10, 2006

another day, another scandal

And now for the latest daily revelation: Phone-Jamming Records Point to White House

WASHINGTON - Key figures in a phone-jamming scheme designed to keep New Hampshire Democrats from voting in 2002 had regular contact with the White House and Republican Party as the plan was unfolding, phone records introduced in criminal court show.

The records show that Bush campaign operative James Tobin, who recently was convicted in the case, made two dozen calls to the White House within a three-day period around Election Day 2002 — as the phone jamming operation was finalized, carried out and then abruptly shut down.


I'm no soothsayer and I've got NOT ONE SHRED OF ABSOLUTE PROOF, I'm just going by my gut but I've long thought since the last election that George Bush and John Kerry's numbers will someday be revealed to have been exactly reversed. I don't care anymore, whether this qualifies me for a tinfoil hat in the interim; I know in my very soul that this is true and I know that one day soon that, and no doubt, a whole lot more highly unpalatable things are going to come to light. And as divided as we are now, I'm really fearful that when every revelation is revealed it is only going to send the true believers into a violent denial of biblical proportions.

And even though I'm convinced of this, and as angry and betrayed as I feel about the last 5 years, I'm feeling very sad for this poor deluded soul. I'm not inhumane or lacking in compassion. Sometimes I can't bear to watch what they are doing to themselves anymore than I can stand what they are doing to everyone else.

I felt this in my bones last autumn, and I'm certain of it now, but I suppose I'm just stating the obvious for anyone who has eyes to see: the unraveling has well and truly begun. And I've no doubt that it is going to be painful (and perhaps very very dangerous) to be a part of this national spectacle. It's all going to be very ugly as every dirty deed is revealed, and I can't deny that I'm dreading it, even as I welcome the breaking of this horrid spell we've been under.

Link via sfarnell's dkos diary

Posted by etherealfire :: 4:26 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------