An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Friday, June 20, 2003

all about tresses: today's friday five

And now it is time for the Friday Five:

1. Is your hair naturally curly, wavy, or straight? Long or short?

My hair has a natural wave in it and is currently just past shoulder length.

2. How has your hair changed over your lifetime?

I've gone long and short over the years and in adulthood I've been able to change my hair color from the drabby brown with hints of gold/red highlight potential to my hair's true spirit color: red!!! (with gold/red highlights - lol!) When I was a baby my hair was dark blonde; by adolescence it was medium brown. Then I grew up and it got darker but not happier. So I listened to my hair's advice and happily went red!

3. How do your normally wear your hair?

Tumbled out of bed, extremely low-maintenance, wash and air-dried.

4. If you could change your hair this minute, what would it look like?

Pre-raphaelite ringlets that required absolutely no effort from me whatsoever.

5. Ever had a hair disaster? What happened?

My first attempt at the "red" look did not start out on a very happy note. I had my stylist give me a "copper penny" cellophane in the early 80's. But on my head it was not so much "copper penny" as it was "bozo orange'. My boyfriend and I were heading off for a long weekend vacation in Colorado and he spent much of the entire weekend trying to shampoo out the orange disaster my hair had become. I was so utterly mortified that I actually took an extra day off from work to go in and have my hair re-dyed back to my boring brown shade. Since this was my first attempt at going red I was kind of frightened off from trying again for several months. But once I had the right shade in my hair, I knew that red was the only color for me!

Posted by etherealfire :: 10:24 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------