An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Sunday, June 15, 2003

Happy Father's Day!

I spoke to my dad earlier today and it was very good to hear his voice. I really miss him today and cannot wait till they come out for a visit in August.

I feel so grateful that my father is the kind of father that he is: warm, funny and always caring, wanting to give us comfort, support and advice whenever we need it most. I know that Stu feels the same about his dad. We both know how very lucky we are; good fathers are under-rated as a whole, I believe. There are plenty of dads out there that are true heroes to their families, much as our fathers have been to us and my husband has been to his family. So I wish a very Happy Father's Day to all those unsung heroes out there today. This is your day! I hope you will find that you have much to celebrate today!

I found this at NPR today. It was really great reading and very inspirational. Enjoy all you fathers and all you fans of fathers!!!

Posted by etherealfire :: 8:23 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------