An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Friday, June 13, 2003

Friday Five

Here's the Friday Five:

1. What's one thing you've always wanted to do, but never have?

Travel to obscure/exotic places like the Galapagos, Easter Island, Bali, Antarctica. For that matter, travel outside of the Americas would be awesome. I've been to many parts of the US and Canada. I've been to Mexico and to Peru. But that's about it.

2. When someone asks your opinion about a new haircut/outfit/etc, are you always honest?

Um, yes I try to be... But I try to be as diplomatic and positive as I can about it. This does not always meet with success and can backfire at times. But I really hate making somebody feel bad if it isn't necessary. And in a situation like that it is really hard to know whether it is necessary or not...

3. Have you ever found out something about a friend and then wished you hadn't? What happened?

Yes, but not directly. It was not something they would have ever willingly shared with me because they probably knew that I would feel uncomfortable about it. Still it made me sad that they could not share it because of fear of judgment on my part. The thing that made me saddest about it all is that I could not go to them and say it was okay and I was sorry that they didn't feel safe to confide in me. I couldn't because I wasn't even supposed to know about it. That made me think alot about the way I present myself as a friend; it made me realize that I wasn't someone that this person believed would accept them unconditionally and lend an ear when they needed it.

4. If you could live in any fictional world (from a book/movie/game/etc.) which would it be and why?

Places that I dreamed of in childhood: The Hundred Acre Wood, Prince Edward Island during the "timeframe" of the Anne books, Camelot when it was at its zenith point. Because they seem to be enchanting, carefree, idyllic places.


5. What's one talent/skill you don't have but always wanted?

I wish I had the discipline and the drive to learn to play the guitar. I've been stuck on the F chord since I was thirteen. I never get farther than a couple of chords in about 10 minutes and my fingers are cramped and my finger pads screaming and I'm a wussie because absolutely EVERYBODY that I know that wants to play accomplishes it in a very short time.


Posted by etherealfire :: 3:50 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------