An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Saturday, May 21, 2005

virtual travels with my mac

The history of Easter Island (Rapa Nui) has always haunted me. I don't know exactly why I'm drawn to the place, particularly considering the tragic fate that the islanders met, but I've always wanted to see the island.

The Easter Island Virtual Tour is probably just about as close as I'm ever gonna get, especially any time soon, but it's a pretty cool option considering.

And the site led me to another one with some cool photos of another place I've long been fascinated with, Angkor Wat! A temporary fix for my unfulfilled wanderlust this morning.

image of Angkor Wat temple complex in Cambodia
very cool image of Angkor Wat temple complex in Cambodia
courtesy of mistapopo at Stock Xchng.

Posted by etherealfire :: 6:51 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------