An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Friday, September 09, 2005

there but for the grace of god...

I got an email from my mom today; a follow up about the family that we have (somewhat distant relatives - cousins on my mom's side of the family) in New Orleans who have been reunited but only after several days of not knowing where other members of the family were...

Norma Rae and Carl are in what they think is a nursing home or other medical facility; Carl needed a nursing home. Their daughter Marcia and her husband evacuated together, but their daughter Michelle worked in a facility for the developmentally disabled, and she was evacuated with that group, but her husband and 2 children were evacuated from their home, so there were several days that she didn't know where they were or if they were OK. However, the day after I emailed you, they all were accounted for. I am not sure if they all were able to contact each other, but a family member who was looking for them all established where they were.


They've been through hell this past week... and yet they are one of the luckier families to get through this horror... because at least they have all come out of it alive and reunited.

I had to take a moratorium from the news and from my blog and even pretty much being online the past couple of days. I hoped it would help. But I don't know what will help... any of us... once the ugly spin machine goes into full swing again.

It sickens me. I find it hard to even read about it, much less post about it... but I also find it impossible to ignore what is going on. What is going on simply cannot be ignored; it has to be watched and reported and called out. As the man they'd like to have me believe is my President is so very fond of saying: "it's hard work."

It's also ugly, demoralizing and heartbreaking work. And HOW I WISH it wasn't necessary for our citizens to have to engage in it. But this corrupt breakdown of government, the one that is supposed to exist of the people, by the people, for the people ~ and that's you and me, people - WE ARE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - we are the heart and soul of this nation and responsible for keeping her accountable and protecting her from harmful corruption and deceit ~ this breakdown of government is leaving every citizen only one option: speak out or forever hold your piece of truth and watch liberty die.

I've just had enough. I just can't bear much more of the disgrace that this administration has brought to our nation. Hasn't the rest of the country had enough of this? I'll say it again. I don't want revenge. I'm not looking for retribution (although I couldn't blame some people if they did feel that way).

I just want this unelected, uninformed, ill-equipped, unqualified and highly incompetent administration to stand down. Get up, get out, go. Give us our country back. Count our votes. Listen to our voices. Represent your people. Protect and serve your people. If you can't do that, you haven't earned the right to sit in the highest office in the land.

Posted by etherealfire :: 10:19 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------