An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Friday, December 10, 2004

imagine: October 9, 1940~December 8, 1980

I can't believe I missed it this year. :-( My hubby's birthday is December 7th. I will never forget the night of December 8, 1980, heading out in the car with my hubby (back then my boyfriend) to the local record store so he could spend his birthday gift certificate on music... and hearing the announcement on the radio, "John Lennon, voice of a generation, dead at 40."

I remember sitting there in desolation, both of us crying the tears of disbelief, bitterness and grief. It was one of those first moments of realization that life really isn't fair and often is completely inexplicable.


John, the way I wanna remember him, courtesy imagine: an unnofficial tribute to John Lennon

Some other good John-related linkies:

John Lennon Museum
Instant Karma
Bagism
The Legend of John Lennon

Funny how the simple plea in a 60's era Christmas Carol is as timely today as it was then:

"War is over.... if you want it" ~~~ John and Yoko Ono Lennon


Posted by etherealfire :: 5:26 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------