An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

alexandra stoddard: a beautiful life

I discovered Alexandra Stoddard in the mid-80s at the library where I stumbled upon this book.

I felt that I'd found a kindred spirit, and a more self-actualized persona of the soul inside of me longing to get out, a guru, if you will, or maybe a celebrant of that juicy essence of life. I devoured every single book she ever wrote and I collect them like precious gems to this day.

But it looks like I've gotten a bit behind on them, because I don't have this one yet:


Looks like a good one!

A little of the Stoddard wisdom that won me over so completely (from Living a Beautiful Life):

"Instead of rushing through our lives to get somewhere - instead of saving up real living for later - I think it's important to remember that each single day is all we have. Single days experienced fully add up to a lifetime lived deeply and well. Today is your life - not yesterday and not tomorrow. If we have tomorrow, it will be a gift, but what we do today, right now, will have an accumulated effect on all our tomorrows." ~~~A. Stoddard

Posted by etherealfire :: 6:02 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------