An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

anthropologie~summer dreams

Got the summer catalog today. I wish I looked as young and fit and tanned and lovely as the cover girl, I rarely spend that kind of money on clothes and so I don't know how I ended up receiving it.

But I've got to admit I spent several minutes daydreaming about trading places with cover girl, in the middle of summer, in the middle of some exotic and beautiful locale... sigh....

And I really want this ensemble ~~~ um, and I'm talking about the pricey pants and top BTW, not the two accomodating fellas flanking the model, though I'm sure they are very nice guys; though I wouldn't complain if morphing into the model was part of the deal, while I'm wishing... LOL! Mostly, though I found myself wishing I could trade places with her and be sitting there soaking in the environment.

Then I read the last page of the catalog and it states:

"Anthropolgie had the opportunity to photograph this catalog in one of the most magical places we've ever visited: the town of Galle and a nearby fishing village called Unawatuna, on the southern coas of Sri Lanka. We departed three days before the devastating Indian Ocean Tsunami.

The people we met there opened their hearts to us. Our local crew showed us the beauty of their home and imbued the photographs with their innate peace and generosity. We departed with extraordinary memories and genuine new friendships.

We have been in regular contact with the people we worked with, and thankfully, they are safe and working to rebuild their lives; Anthropologie is helping. We know it's a long Journey. This book is dedicated to them and to the people of Sri Lanka."


The images in the catalog are beautiful and Sri Lanka has always been a place I've wanted to visit. Seeing the people and the locale in its beauty and serenity is both moving and heartbreaking. It is gratifying to know that these courageous people persevere through this tragedy. Bless them all...

Posted by etherealfire :: 5:17 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------