An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Monday, December 13, 2004

this is why I love Michael Moore

It's Time to Stop Being Hit...A letter from Michael Moore.

"We have a mandate to be as radical and liberal and steadfast as we need to be. The progressive beliefs and social justice we stand for, our core, must not be altered. We are 57 million strong. We are building from the bottom up. We are meeting, on the net, in church basements, at work, in small groups, and right now, we are crying, because we are trying to break free and we don't know how." ~~~MM


As always, I couldn't have articulated this better myself and it is just exactly what I feel about it. While I have respectfully read what some of our finest progressive minds have to say on this subject and I know that some feel that the Michael Moore's and the more so-called radical members of the party are perhaps part of the problem, I respectfully disagree with that idea.

We are a party of diversity and I believe, that at our best, we are a party of strong principles and protectors of the true vision of the American ideals our constitutional framers set out to manifest.

I say thank the merciful heavens above us for the courageous Michael Moore's of the party who are willing to stick their necks out and fight back against the long-term bullying that our party has had to bear from the GOP for more than two decades.

We have nothing to be ashamed of and everything to lose if we back down now.

Posted by etherealfire :: 5:36 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------