An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Monday, November 14, 2005

reading is fundamental

I finally, FINALLY finished both of the fantastic books that were languishing on my right sidebar forever and a day. I'm a longstanding reader of the voracious type but this past year I've found that I can only read in short distracted spurts, which is just no fun at all, and I've no idea why this has become the rule rather than the exception but I'm really trying to remedy it as much as I possibly can.

One of the solutions I designed for myself, hasn't quite worked the way I wanted it it (at least not yet) but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to put it into action from now on. Just after Christmas last year (wow, it actually has been nearly a year!) I set up a virtual booklog on my domain for the express purpose of committing to tracking my reading habits and keeping a booklist of sorts. I hoped it would inspire me to get organized and inspired but I've still got an overwhelming load of books piled up in several key spots in my office and by my bedside and the piles are getting bigger instead of smaller.

But I'm determined to spend some quality reading time as often as I can because that has always been one of my biggest passions. I've finally broken the spell by finishing these two books and writing up a little mini review while I was at it. YAY!!!

I hope to post a few more entries pretty quickly because I have actually gotten through a few books this past year and I really want to celebrate the rare victory on the virtual booklog that I designated for that purpose.

In the meantime, I'm feeling a sense of relief that I'm ready to open up the fresh crisp fresh pages of a brand new book and dive right in.

Oh and while I'm at it, I finally posted another journal entry at Amethyst, my personal online journal, as well, for any kind soul that might actually care to read it!

Posted by etherealfire :: 2:27 AM :: 5 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------