An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

last dance

I don't watch a whole lot of tv but I've had a secret little obsession with Dancing With the Stars the last few months and so tonight was the one I've been waiting for all season. I actually didn't get hooked on it till the fourth show aired this season, quite by accident really. I'd just finished watching a missed Lost episode online, which at that point was my only prime time tv obsession, when I noticed the Dancing With the Stars Logo and my curiosity was piqued. I watched the first episode of this season, and then naturally I had to watch the second one and the first elimination episode and from that moment on I was completely taken in. I've been a faithful fan ever since and I even got my daughter and hubby hooked on it in the process as well.

The last two weeks have been complete torture for me as I was totally in love with the four remaining celebs and hated to see any of them go, though to be honest, I've been sad to see everyone leave the show because they were all so much fun to watch and exhibited so much heart and courage.

But yesterday's performances were especially satisfying to watch, for me anyway. Leila and Maks' pasa doble was gorgeous, Julianne and Apolo's Rhumba was very sexy and highly under-rated by grouchy old Len, and "theatrical" though it might have been, I totally loved Joey and Kym's cha-cha. And everybody was rockin' their freestyle - I was in heaven by the time Joey and Kym's Last Dance played out!

And tonight's perfect 30s for all three couples was a great way to finish but I'm going to totally miss this group of dancers even as I look forward to next season.

Apolo and Julianne really did have the best couples chemistry and they were always fun to watch. All in all, I'm happy with the result tonight, though all 3 couples have been giving awesome performances week after week.

I just hope next season's group will be as much fun as this group was :-)

Now that it's all over for the season, all I've got left to look forward to is Lost's 2 hour season finale tomorrow.

Labels:


Posted by etherealfire :: 12:30 AM :: 6 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------