An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Monday, October 10, 2005

meme, me, me

Oh, I can't believe I didn't see this before now; so sorry to be slow getting this done but better late than never I guess. From The Fat Lady Sings; Here are The Rules:

Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place. Add your blogs name in the #5 spot. Link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross-pollination effect.



  1. Last Left Turn Before Hooterville


  2. It's Morning Somewhere


  3. The Gypsy's Caravan


  4. The Fat Lady Sings


  5. An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland



Select 4 new friends to add to the pollen count. No one is obligated to participate and anyone can play if they want to. This is not like 'Tag, you're it', or some kind of chain letter. Just do it if it seems like fun. The questions and answers are supposed to be part of the fun, but only if it feels comfortable. So many of TFLS answers were identical to mine I didn't bother to change them. Anyway, here comes The MEME:

What were you doing 10 years ago?

10 years ago we had just moved from Calgary to Fullerton (after moving from Albuquerque to Calgary only 9 months before that) and we were still getting adjusted to living in Souhern California. Not that it was a really difficult adjustment. Just that it was different - especially navigating the Orange Crush!

What were you doing 5 years ago?

5 years ago I had just quit my job a few months before, and enjoying the delicious freedom of mostly stress-free living! It gave me more time with my daughter and began the serious ruminations and navel gazing that I hadn't had much of the luxury to engage in previously. I think I was seriously worn out from stress-filled work occupations for the better part of 20 years and oh so happy and gratified to be able to focus on the issues at home and, frankly, rest and recover from being stressed out all the time. Nice, very nice work if you can get it! ;-)

What were you doing 1 year ago?

1 year ago I was relishing Mina's coming of age: 18 years old and leaving behind High School and looking forward to her future. I also began taking web design classes and plotting my own future goals and hopes and dreams for some kind of home-based business.

What were you doing yesterday?

Homework, errands, and a marathon of The Emporer's Mahjong (my current computer game addiction).

Five snacks you enjoy


  1. big scoop fritos and nacho cheese dip


  2. raw baby spinach right from the bag (the current constantly craved item that I believe is peri-menopausal related and that's probably more information that you probably wanted but I can't help myself)


  3. halloween candy fix 1: Tootsie Roll Caramel Apple Pops


  4. halloween candy fix 2: Brach's Mellowcream Pumpkins


  5. current fruit fix that I will be eating and eating and eating while the grocery store has them: tangelos



Five songs I know all the words to:


  1. The Beatles - Blackbird

  2. Heart - Even it Up

  3. Led Zeppelin - Ramble On

  4. Shawn Colvin - Wichita Skyline

  5. Tom Petty - You Wreck Me



Five things you would do if you had a million dollars:


  1. pay off mortgage

  2. buy mom and dad a little retirement ranchito

  3. ongoing major donations to Children's Charities of America, HSUS, ASPCA, ABC Trust, Planned Parenthood, RAINN

  4. travel everywhere as often as possible

  5. find my getaway stone cottage in the forest somewhere



Five things you like doing:


  1. Blogging

  2. Reading

  3. Spur of the moment trips

  4. Music

  5. Writing



Five bad habits:


  1. letting my emotions get away from me

  2. pontificating and going off on politics

  3. navel gazing and daydreaming waaay too much

  4. eating too much

  5. insomnia probably from too much caffeine



Five things I would never wear again:


  1. High heels

  2. Bathing suit in public

  3. Sleeveless dress

  4. Short shorts

  5. Go without bra in public



Five favorite toys:

  1. My critters

  2. Computer

  3. Library (I read constantly!)

  4. iTunes

  5. Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop) and Dreamweaver MX


I am now passing the MEME baton to:


  1. Heidi at Virushead

  2. Janet at Fondofelves

  3. Binary Blonde

  4. Cyndy at mousemusings



And anyone else who wants to play! And of course I'll understand if anyone doesn't wanna play. And again, I'm so sorry that I was so dense that I missed this invitation to play before now. And thanks again so much to TFLS for inviting me to play along!!!

Posted by etherealfire :: 1:14 AM :: 5 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------