An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

tagged ~ I'm it!!!!

Oh my gosh. I'm so excited! I actually got tagged to do a meme thingy and this is my very first time. (Yes, I *am* a dork!!!) So thanks Green Knight (YAY!) for tagging me and, here we go (I hope I'm doing this right)!!!

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?

Without going into the specific details: Letting someone believe something untrue rather than clarifying it with them; then not owning up to my part in the omission because I was too afraid to admit that I knew it was wrong and I didn't want to take a stand. It was completely cowardly and I will never live it down. And it cost me a very dear friendship by the time it was all over with.

Passing up the chance to go to South America to see my Grandma because of money and time constraints; by the time I finally got there, it was years later and it was to attend her funeral. I'll regret that till the day I die. :-(

Quitting college the first time because everything I wanted to major in was considered a bad idea by everyone else, and they kept telling me that Engineering was the thing, and I didn't want to be one. So I kind of gave up and went to vocational school to become a Medical Assistant and didn't get back to school again for a very long time.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

My brave, beautiful, smart, kind, funny daughter whom I find has somehow suddenly grown up before my very eyes and has plenty of wisdom to share with me

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?

Carl Jung, Eleanor Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Sarah Vaughn and Dane Rudhyar

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

That everyone would agree to make protecting and nurturing children, the environment and eradication of hunger and poverty the highest priority. That peace would be something tangible because every nation made a firm commitment to it.

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

Regret not having:
More prevalent and efficient mass transit; better air quality.

Avoid:
Driving the freeways at peak times; trying to negotiate the area without a map or really good directions.

6. Name one event that has changed your life.

Leaving Albuquerque and moving to Canada for nine months; at age 36 years old and had never been so far away from my parents (same for hubby). I think we actually both grew up and finally gained our independence from that move and for the first time in our marriage we really had each other and only each other as a source of support. It was an amazing and wonderfully empowering experience.

7. Tag 5 people.

Now this is really hard but I think I'm gonna go all~girlie with Deb, Janet, Heidi, habitatgirl and Chandra.

Posted by etherealfire :: 6:51 AM :: 7 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------