An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Friday, June 24, 2005

what i did for summer solstice

I'm sorry I haven't been around so much lately, but the past couple of weeks have been crazy. Just as soon as Groucho's mysterious malady seemed to disappear (with medicine and a reallllly big vet bill) my poor little MacKenzie developed a post-grooming allergic reaction under both of his armpits and his little bottom. And because he already has some tricky medical problems and about a zillion medications to take, his situation is rather delicate, complicated... and yes, also very expensive... to deal with.

Having just returned from a vacation to New Mexico, by the time the solstice rolled around I was pretty much at my wit's end, and very ready for another one.

That prompted me to get together with hubby to set in motion an Anniversary mini-vacation (July 22-25) to Yosemite, following the Robert Plant concert in San Diego on the 21st!!! I think I can hold out till then.

Thank goodness, though, I have a lovely little mini-retreat to go and read, think, meditate and, sometimes, even cry in, my own little sanctuary right in our backyard. Around the solstice time it was a special blessing, especially since I've been worried sick over my babies the last several days.

I've also been trying to improve my point and click method with the digital camera and my sweet father-in-law even clued me in as to where the zoom button was and how to use it. :-P

So here's a batch of images that I hope won't slow the blog down too much.

Here's dear old Groucho, feeling so much better now, thank God/dess:



And here's my pobrecito, MacKenzie, with the enormous e-collar he has to wear right now:



But still somehow he manages to find a smile for me:



And here's our beautiful Golden Girl, Gwennie, enjoying a coveted spot in the back yard:



And here's a long view of my sanity spot:



And closer up, my lovely old bench sitting under my dear old tree:



A couple of magick spots in that sacred corner behind the old bench:





My bad-Monet flub up of a lovely bouganvilla:



And the one that finally worked (YAY!!!)



And here's old makeup~less, more ethereal than girl, me:



proving that my camera can endure great punishment HA!

Anyway, that's what has been going on around here lately. Summer is here and it is gorgeous and I want to enjoy every bit of it that I can. But I will still do my best to keep my blog updated much better than I have the last month or so.

Posted by etherealfire :: 6:13 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------