An etherealgirl's Adventures in Cyberland

Thursday, January 05, 2006

all the bad news fit to print?

Reading the news the last couple of days has just been heartbreaking and depressing. The other day there were half a dozen tragedies listed one right after the other at the place I (grudgingly) get the online headlines. Is it just me or was last week a particularly bad week?

Really and truly I don't like to dwell on these things but I feel almost remiss not paying some sort of sorrowful tribute to it so I began collecting the links the other day but I had to stop at four because it was just too much. Though I know everyone's already no doubt read these and wallowed in the misery of them, this is what I found before I couldn't take it anymore:

Officials Piece Together Coal Mine Tragedy

Suicide Bomber Kills 32 at Iraq Funeral

Body of 14th Victim Found a German Rink

Indonesian Rains Death Tool Could Hit 190

So I walked away from it; but I came back today only to see this.

If I seem as though I've been extra-airheaded and glib lately, I apologize. I'm just not made of that sterner stuff where I can take a steady diet of this sort of thing without hitting that proverbial brick wall and coming face to face with a visceral need to bail.

I find I'd rather dwell on the lighter side of life; and I find that I have a need to create it if I can't find it or I'll just completely lose my mind.

Then again there are little bits of news like this that give me little tiny rays of hope.

Posted by etherealfire :: 3:50 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------